Friday 6 February 2015

Bonne Bouche

So I am starting on with a new series of posts on my blog.
I and my friend have this list of restaurants to go and explore every 15 days.
I am so lucky to have a companion who is equally interested as I, to go, explore and splurge on new places. We no longer see distance a constraint but not having the luxury to go to 5-star restaurants on a car is definitely a constraint.Like seriously we have put a great number of restaurants to a back-burner just because we would have to go on a public transport. Don't even think of hiring a cab. We are stingy people too.

So, we sorted this restaurant from the list of "Most happening places to visit in Delhi". I Zomato-ed it to find the ratings and the ambiance and et al. Its a French restaurant and there were pretty much good reviews on food,the sitting area, the decor.
First of all, the nearest metro station is Lajpat Nagar and not Jangpura as mentioned on Zomato. So we had to sit in the auto and turn on the GPS because the auto wala did not also know the way to the restaurant from Jangpura metro station.
We entered the restaurant and it was all vacant despite being a Sunday afternoon and despite a strong recommendation of table reservation. The interiors were all inspired from European decors. It was soothing for the eyes and one would definitely like to sit have a chit chat with friends.
We asked for a terrace sitting on the 4th floor. It was more of a garden area with light furniture and wooden fencing all around.
P.S- If you zoom it and see, there's this hanging on the fence written- "First we eat, then we do everything else"
There was already a couple sitting over there. We took our table. My eyes were constantly on the couple who were sitting together on one side of the table. Note one side of the table and we even took time to choose our different sides of the table. As soon as the couple left, another couple came over.
The menu was opened with this-

We ordered one Angel Hair pasta (for safer side) and a spinach & ricotta gnochhi with zucchini and cherry tomatoes in cream sauce (only because the name was complicated and it was on the restaurant's recommendation list). And I take a bow to the fact that I forgot to take a photo of the food because I was really hungry. Oh boy! it was heaven, so tempting complimented with Green Appeltini (okayish) and Alex Atlantic (Good).

 We also ordered Tiramisu (also on the recommendation list of the restaurant) which was kind of my type, the perfect make of sweetness, cream and the coffee.

We were having our meal and the waiter kept on watching us as if he too was hungry. Also, the staff's uniform was of the color as my friend was wearing like ditto the same color hahah!
Oh and about the other couple who came over, they too chose to sat on the same side of the table. I can't help but notice this thing. And they were taking selfies like after every 10 minutes. It was cringing me somehow, partly because they were sitting just in front of me and partly because I envy these love birds.

So here goes one of our finds to another restaurant in Delhi. Amen to more such. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment