Thursday 5 July 2012

Ramblings of a Facebook User



Note- The post is totally useless just like facebook is :P


Facebook has taken over our lives. It has become as necessary as oxygen to breathe. I can't find a single person not registered with Facebook, be it children aging 10 yrs (despite they are not allowed to register before 18, but to hell with! rules are meant to be broken & why not!) or the senior citizens.

Talking of networking in this age- without a doubt, Credits to Facebook.
Bringing people closer who hesitate to even a utter a word in person, but don't shy while chatting /commenting - Credits to Facebook.
Taking online shops to another level- Credits to Facebook.

But here I am limiting my ramblings( in a way critical opinion) as to how Facebook has evolved over time in terms of the applications it provides etc.

1.The "LIKE" Button
I see "LIKE"  option is made for those lazy bums who find any status/photo interesting but their indolence refuses to leave the mouse so as to reach the keyboard and take the trouble to type something & speak their minds. (Yeah, I do this most of the times :D).
But talking about the another category of people who play the role of charity to distribute free "likes" no matter what is posted, do exist.
And coming to the EPIC part, people liking their own respective posts. Its like giving themselves a Hi 5 in public( thats what I read on Facebook itself). Zuckerberg should seriously consider removing this option for our own respective posts like SERIOUSLY.
Personally I feel, popularity or should I say TRP of a status/post is now judged by "like count" from "comment count".

2. TIMELINE
The most useless option I've come across. Needless to say I'm still using that age old "wall". Timeline is created for photo freaks, just to give them yet another space to glue their photos & make the profile look more like an exhibition.
P.S- I'm not bringing the page owners who use timeline constructively for displaying their logo name or for like things.

3. CHECK-INS
Ah! the one I envy. Dude, what is the use of beating your own trumpet and forcibly telling people where are you, what are you doing, with whom are you. I feel as if Facebook has humbly assumed the responsibility of parents and take care of their whereabouts in their absence.
I've seen people checking-in & tagging their homes, not to forget "home sweet home". But some intelligent people have taken this to a notch higher & they are checking in and tagging some exotic/grand places while they are sitting at their homes, not to forget "home sweet home":D. For what? just to flash their status! hahah
I detest this even more when I'm trying to study for exams and then I see somebody checking in ( remember I'm a religious Facebook user:D) First day first show, watching XYZ movie at ABC cinemas. Huhh I so hate Facebook's technical team for creating such an option.

4. SUBSCRIBE OPTION
People subscribing for updates of renowned personalities- OK, good enough but what about those subscribing for just another Facebook user, particularly talking of the one subscribing for updates from a girl, who has rejected his friend request. What is he expecting? she'll update where is she heading to & inviting you to meet her. Grow up!

Well the views are totally personal. May be some people find these options useful, something usefully useful.

7 comments:

  1. This is a post, i would like to LIKE :)
    This is so Funny, Sugar!!
    And hey, why do you need to log into facebook while you are preparing for exams?!? Mummy ko bolu?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i mentioned in the post, i'm a religious fb lurker.. I have to have to log in no matter wot..addiction it is..:/
    n pls mumy ko mat bolna.. :( she'll make me change my handset to some ganda nokia 1100 or like that..hahaha
    Now u ll keep ur eyes on zini during exams(obviously when she grows up):D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious.. :) You got it right at every moment Sugar ...I will say SUPER LIKE

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahah!! thanks for SUPERLIKING.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superbly written - personally I detest FB a lot but your this post made me feel I have company atleast in some points ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u! Thank god, I have company of some one too..
      N sorry for late rply.

      Delete
  6. Facebook - A Necessary Evil. :D
    "How long do you think Facebook will survive?" - You know this was the question asked to me in my MBA interview last year when I was in Mumbai!!

    PS: You too check-in sometimes. :P But I would rather call it adaptation and not evolution. :)

    ReplyDelete